Final farewell to King of Pop


MJ's concert was overwhelmed by his fans, friends and family. They all gathered to pay tribute to the King of Pop. Here's a short recap of events

Smokey Robinson opened by reading a condolence letter from Nelson Mandela, a personal friend of Michael’s who had met him several times. Pastor Lucious Smith then came on and spoke about Jackson:
“To millions around the world, Michael Jackson was a hero, an idol and even a king but first and foremost, he was a… brother…. a friend. Today we gather those who know and love Michael best and those who know and love him through his good works…”

Mariah Carey then sang a duet with Trey Lorenz to “I’ll Be There.” She held her chest at times and you could tell she was struggling with grief.
Queen Latifah told a cute anecdote about growing up as a fan and trying to do the robot
“I’m here representing all the fans… Michael was the biggest star on earth.”
Latifah read a poem Maya Angelou written specifically for Jackson titled “We Had You.”
Pregnant Jennifer Hudson came out to sing Michael Jackson’s “Will You Be There”

Rev Al Sharpton, John Mayer, Brooke Shields , Jermaine Jackson ,Usher and many more stars performed as well.

The star-studded tribute to the King of Pop concluded, Michael Jackson’s own children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris Katherine, 11, and Prince Michael II (Blanket), 7, took the stage during a group performance of “Heal the World.”

After the song, Paris gave an impromptu speech from the stage surrounded by the Jackson family.
“I just want to say ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you can ever imagine,” she said through tears. “And I just want to say I love him so much.”

People will never forget him... for all his dedication towards music. RIP Michael,may he rest in peace.

1 comments:

turisuna said...

I can't hold my tears when I saw Paris on the stage. I hope MJ's children will strong to face all this things. Farewell MJ, rest in peace.

Web Analytics